Top eight reasons Green Mobility Network is cheering the M-Path Extension:
- It fills a significant gap between the M-Path and the South Dade Trail and will create a continuous 30-mile paved path between Florida City and downtown Miami,
- improves access to two rail transit stations, Dadeland South and Dadeland North (including the Dadeland Station transit-oriented development),
- provides good construction jobs,
- it’s putting federal economic stimulus funds to work,
- will provide clean, healthy and sustainable travel options,
- is part of the downtown Kendall master plan,
- is part of the East Coast Greenway Network,
- is a Rails-to-Trails project, and
- shows that FDOT is a partner in improving conditions for bicyclists and pedestrians.
These offered up by David Henderson, the bicycle-pedestrian coordinator at the Metropolitan Planning Organization. You’re invited to follow and comment on the project’s progress here at Complete the M-Path, our original Facebook advocacy page.